Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Surprise, Surprise

This weekend M and I celebrated our two-year dating anniversary.  Yep, we got engaged before we'd even been dating for two years, and what's more, we moved in together after only dating about 3 months.  What can I say?  When you know, you know.

Because we're saving for the wedding we didn't splurge too much on our anniversary.  We thought about going to a Bed and Breakfast for the weekend, but since those can often cost upwards of $300 for two nights we decided to stay a little closer to home.  Just up the street from us is the Reston Town Center - one of my favorite places in Northern Virginia.  We go here all the time for dinner and movies, so when we found out they were having a wine festival on the weekend of our anniversary, we were sold.

Why, yes, now that you mention it, we do love wine!

Not us, but we did enjoy some sipping on the hill [src]
Afterwards, I managed to surprise M with a fancy schmancy room for the night at the Hyatt.  And I mean, really surprise!  I snuck an overnight bag into the car while he wasn't looking, and checked in under the premise of using the lobby bathroom.  I am SO sneaky.  ;)  The cost wasn't nearly as high as those B&Bs, and I upgraded to have champagne and strawberries waiting for us in the room.

[src]
Here's what you should know about me.  I love surprises.  I love being surprised, and I love surprising other people (especially M!).  Last year for our anniversary I booked a whole trip in secret, then on the morning we left, doctored up fake airplane tickets for a different (less exciting) location, and didn't reveal that we were actually going to Las Vegas* until we were at the gate.  The look of excitement on his face was completely worth it!

Just chillin with our homie  (personal photo)
So when it comes to our wedding, I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge to surprise him.  Whether it's a groom's gift of cigars, an engraving in his ring, or an upgrade for a vendor service he has his heart set on, I want to give him something special on our big day.  Aside from the perfect wife, of course.  ;)

Did you surprise your groom on your wedding day?  Are you planning to?  You can tell me, I promise I won't let him know!

*Not Las Vecas

0 comments:

Post a Comment